Over the last few days, we have received many emails from you regarding what this academic year will be like. To summarise the key information, we have created a FAQ section – please have a look at it and feel free to contact us if you have further questions!
What are CES Lincoln? What do you do?
- We are a student-led project supported by the University of Lincoln.
- We organise free language classes, cultural exchange events, and we provide support to students who would like to study or work abroad.
I would like to join a language class – what are the options?
- That’s great! Everyone can join our classes for free.
- We can confirm that there will be three language classes taught this semester:
- Czech, Japanese, and Polish.
- We might be launching Chinese sessions, but they would focus more on cultural exchange rather than language learning. The registration is however open.
- Our classes are scheduled to start mid-October.
- We are currently looking for language teachers and there might be more languages available – we will let everyone know as soon as we can.
- This semester, all language classes will be delivered online through Microsoft Teams.
Will there be any events this semester?
- We have a few ideas and we are working closely with the University on organising some events – please follow our social media and our website for more up-to-date information.
I would like to study/work abroad – can you help me?
- Our teachers and volunteers will be happy to help! Please get in touch to learn more.
- We offer support for the following locations:
- Czech Republic, Japan, Poland
- If your question concerns other countries, we might be able to forward your question to the Global Opportunities department – they have a list of students who have worked/studied abroad and might be able to connect you with someone.
I would like to teach my native language / organise an event / start a group for people from my country / support students going abroad / volunteer for CES Lincoln – what should I do?
- Thank you! We really appreciate your initiative. We will happily welcome you among us – please getin touch and we will get back to you as soon as we can!